We welcome students from around the world to join the multicultural Georgetown University community in our Summer High School Programs! Please review the information below for important details regarding the application and visa processes.
International Admissions Eligibility for Online Programs
Georgetown University does not currently accept applications or enrollment requests for online programs from residents of the following countries:
- North Korea
- Ukraine (Crimea Region)
Georgetown University does not currently accept applications or enrollment requests for online programs from non-U.S. citizens who are residents of the following countries:
- Canada (Exception: Online format is available for Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec)
Application & Visa Information
- College Credit Courses and College Prep
If you are a student applying to take credit courses, and English is not the primary language of instruction at your high school, please submit English proficiency examination scores from one of the following exams, along with the rest of your application materials, to email@example.com.
- TOEFL scores: We require a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 225 (computer-based), or 90 (iBT)
- IELTS scores: We require a minimum score of 7.0
- Duolingo: We require a minimum score of 115
Please note that TOEFL scores expire after two years, and we require valid, unexpired score reports.
If you attend a bilingual school, your school official must email a copy of your school profile to firstname.lastname@example.org in lieu of proficiency examination scores.
Georgetown will not provide visa assistance for international students enrolled in online courses only. International students enrolled in on-campus classes are required to have an F-1 Visa, and be enrolled in at least 6 credits (or two 3-credit courses).
TOEFL scores are not required for the Academies. To fully participate and enjoy these programs, we recommend that you be able to:
- In English, understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field(s) of interest.
- Interact with a degree of English fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Georgetown will not provide visa assistance for any student enrolled in a noncredit academy.
Still Have Questions?
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.