Please note: You must first be admitted to the College Prep Program before you can complete the registration process. Offers of admission will begin in January. Additional registration information will be available at that time.
Congratulations on your admission to College Prep at Georgetown University!
Below you'll find step-by-step instructions to guide you through the registration process and help you prepare for your Georgetown summer experience. All requirements listed below are part of the registration process and must be completed prior to your arrival at Georgetown.
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Registration Process for College Prep
- Accept your admission offer and submit your Enrollment Response Form
- Retrieve your NetID and temporary password
- Reset the password to your new student NetID
- Enroll in Georgetown Duo Two-Factor Authentication
- Register for your preferred courses
- Pay for your student tuition bill
Accept Your Admission Offer AND Submit Your Enrollment Response Form
The first step in the registration process is to formally accept your admission offer and submit your Enrollment Response Form. By completing the Enrollment Response Form, you're letting us know whether or not you will attend classes at Georgetown. Please complete this step before completing any other steps in the registration process.
To accept your offer, log in to the application system and follow the link in your offer letter. You can access your offer letter under the "Decision Status" section. There is no deposit fee associated with this form.
Retrieve Your NetID and Temporary Password
Within three to five business days after you submit your Enrollment Response Form, your student NetID and temporary password will be created. These electronic credentials will be available to you through your application. To obtain your NetID and temporary password, log back into your application and select “Post Submission Updates.” This page provides additional information regarding your newly assigned electronic credentials.
For more information on your NetID and password, visit the technology page.
Reset the Password to Your New Student NetID
Your temporary NetID password expires in seven days. You should immediately reset your temporary password to a permanent password. To reset your password, please visit Georgetown’s NetID Password Management System and follow the password reset prompts.
Your one-time use password will expire within hours after logging in with it for the first time. We strongly encourage you to enroll in Georgetown’s NetID Password Management System and enroll in Duo two-factor authentication immediately. This site is where you can go to establish a permanent password, recover or reset your password, and change your security questions. For additional information please visit University Information Services (UIS) website at uis.georgetown.edu.
Enroll in Georgetown Duo Two-Factor Authentication
To ensure a safe teaching and learning environment, all members of the Georgetown community are required to enroll in Duo two-factor authentication in order to access university systems and services (e.g., Georgetown Google Apps, MyAccess, GMS, Box).
To enroll in Duo:
- Log out of any Georgetown sites (e.g., Google Apps, Box, GMS, Canvas) you’re currently logged into.
- Go to the Georgetown Duo enrollment page (new window).
- If prompted, click Log in, and then authenticate with your NetID and NetID password.
- On the Georgetown Duo enrollment page, click Enroll.
- Close the browser tab or window.
Once you’ve enrolled, follow the steps to install and set up Duo. If you require assistance or have any questions, please contact the Georgetown University Service Center at email@example.com.
Register for Your Preferred College Prep Courses
Registration for College Prep courses opens in early February. Courses fill on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage you to register for your courses as early as possible.
- Log into MyAccess. Please Note: Your temporary password will expire. Please change it to a permanent password as soon as possible via Georgetown's NetID Password Management System.
- Navigate to the Students tab and scroll down to the Students - Registration header and select the Register for Classes icon.
- Select the available Summer Term in the dropdown menu.
- Choose your method of registration.
- Enter your Search Criteria, then select Submit at the bottom of the page to view sections that fit your search criteria.
- Select the class from the class list that you would like to add to your Registration Cart.
- Note that class in the summary view is pending. You will have to Submit to officially register and add the section to your schedule. Error messages will appear with an explanation of why the course was unable to be added.
If you receive the below error message when trying to log in and register for courses, then your Enrollment Response Form has not yet been fully processed. Please allow two to three additional business days for this process to be completed.
Error message: This page is not enabled for current user role.
Once you have successfully registered for your courses, you can view your schedule, view your bill, and make tuition payments via MyAccess.
Pay for Your Student Tuition Bill
Summer tuition bills are released in April by the Office of Revenue and Receivables. Your tuition bill will include tuition, the College Prep fee (covering the College Prep seminars), the pre-college fee, a transcript fee, and any course-specific fees. If you have any questions regarding your tuition bill, please contact the Office of Revenue and Receivables directly.
To review your tuition bill and to submit payment electronically, log in to MyAccess, beginning in April, to complete the payment process.