Don’t forget to enroll within the Duo Two-Factor Authentication App and Password Management System.
Once you receive an email from the Office of Admissions notifying you that your Academies application has been approved, you must register and pay your full tuition to secure a seat in your preferred program. Please note that approval of your application does not guarantee that you will have a seat in your preferred course; we cannot secure or hold your space in any program until we receive your tuition payment.
Registration Process for Non-Credit Academies:
Congratulations on your admission to the Academy Program at Georgetown University!
Please follow the steps below to register for your program of choice.
Log in to the Georgetown University Student Portal using your NetID and password. Your NetID and password were provided to you when you initiated your application.
If you have forgotten your electronic credentials (NetID), please contact our office directly at email@example.com
If you need to reset your password, please visit Resetting a Forgotten Password on the University Information Services website.
Next, click the “Courses” Subheading to open the “Course Search” page.
On the "Course Search" page:
A. Type the keyword “Academy”
B. Click the "Search" button to see a list of available programs.
Select your preferred program.
Click on "Add to Cart" next to your preferred program.
If there are multiple course sections, be sure to select the appropriate class dates. You can view available dates by clicking the “+” to expand the row.
Proceed with checkout and online credit card payment.
Submit credit card payment. Please note that only electronic credit card payment is accepted through the MySCS Student Online Portal
If you have questions regarding payment, please contact the Non-Credit Student Accounts Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 687-7696.
Save your payment confirmation page and retain for your records.
Please Note: Students admitted to the Academies program can register in any Academy that has space remaining. Students can register in and attend back-to-back Academies.
Drop Instructions for Non-Credit Academies
How to Drop an Academy
- Log into the MySCS Portal as a Returning Student
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the sub-heading, "My Enrollment History." You will then see the current course for which you are enrolled.
- Click the drop down-menu, and select "Drop", and follow the prompts.
- Click the submit button.
Refunds are issued according to the following policies:
- Up to Three-weeks before the course start date: 100% of tuition plus applicable course fees
- Up to Two-weeks before the course start date: 90% of tuition plus applicable course fees
- Up to One-Week before the course start date: 85% of tuition plus applicable course fees
- Up to the course start date: 75% of tuition plus applicable course fees
- Up to the third day of course: 50% of tuition.
- On or after fourth day of course: No refund
Students who choose to withdraw up to three weeks before their course start date must initiate a drop request for their registered course(s) in the My SCS Non-Credit Student Portal. Students who choose to withdraw after this date must email their request to email@example.com. The amount of the refund will be determined by the sent date of the email, in accordance with the dates in the tables below.