Steps to Complete Your Application
300- to 500-word
Write a 300- to 500-word personal statement describing why you want to attend the Summer High School Programs at Georgetown University. Your completed essay should be uploaded to your online application prior to submission.
Official Reviewer Form
Provide the contact information of your current high school school counselor (preferred), teacher, or principal who will be able to speak to your overall academic readiness for the program and can verify your current GPA. Upon submitting your application and $50 application fee, your chosen point of contact will receive an electronic request with instructions for completing the form.
International students participating in the Institutes, Immersions, and College Prep Programs are not required to obtain a visa or submit TOEFL scores. For more information on international student requirements, including mandatory health insurance, please visit our Resources for International Students page.
- Application Process
Applications for Summer 2018 will be reviewed starting in January 2018 and will be assessed on a rolling basis thereafter. Our Admissions Office only reviews completed applications; admission decisions are released as they are made. Please allow up to three weeks after we have received your completed application for an admission decision to be emailed to you.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication throughout the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student emails are entered correctly on the application. If there is a change in either email address, please inform our office immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon starting your application, you will receive a NetID and temporary NetID password. A NetID is your login credential that will allow you to access the various electronic resources made available to you while participating in our program. Your temporary password will expire in 72 hours, so we encourage you to enroll in Password Station, Georgetown’s password management system. This site is where you can go to establish a permanent password, recover or reset your password, and change your security questions. Please review our Password FAQs for more information.
- Application review begins January 2018 and continues on a rolling basis
- Priority application deadline: April 15, 2018
- Last day to submit application: Two weeks prior to the start of your preferred program
To apply to the Summer Programs for High School Students, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current high school freshman, sophomore, or junior during the 2017–2018 academic year
- Show evidence of good academic standing, with at least a 2.0 GPA
- Have no history of suspension from high school
- Homeschooled Students
If you are an eligible homeschooled student applying to the Summer High School Programs, your School Official Reviewer Form may not come from a family member or paid tutor; the form must come from a teacher or another person who can speak to your academic abilities and capacity to thrive in a college environment.
- International Students
TOEFL scores are not required for the Institutes, Immersions, and College Prep Program. To fully participate and enjoy these programs, we recommend that you be able to:
- In English, understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field(s) of interest.
- Interact with a degree of English fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers possible.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
If you do not meet the above list of recommended skills, you may be a better fit for the English Intensive College Prep Program.
International students participating in the Institutes, Immersions, and College Prep Program are not required to obtain a visa.
For more information on international student requirements, including mandatory health insurance, please visit our Resources for International Students page.